Author: Gene Simco
Brand: Gene Simco
- Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Basics
Number Of Pages: 160
Release Date: 2005-01-01
Details: Learn it here. Learn it right.
Over the last decade, the growing popularity of mixed martial arts competitions has brought international attention to the powerful and practical art of Brazilian Jiu-jitsu. BJJ fighters have taken title after title in championship after championship, and now, with Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Basics, you can learn the techniques that have made BJJ the dominant style in the world of mixed martial arts.
Author and acclaimed instructor Gene Simco teaches his students that a solid mastery of the fundamentals is essential in creating a foundation upon which the more advanced techniques can be built—and that’s where this book comes in. With photos and step-by-step instructions, Simco shows you all the moves you’ll need to master to take your training to the next level, including:
• Primary positions: the Guard, the Mount, the Back Mount, side control, standing techniques, and Passing the Guard
• Submissions: Armbars, Triangle Choke, Collar Choke, Kimura Lock, Guillotine, Mata Leo, and Omoplata
• Defenses against punches, kicks, take-downs, and sweeps
• Escapes from chokes, grabs, bear hugs, locks, and clinches
• Plus warm-up exercises, tips on choosing a school, and Dojo etiquette
Whether you’re a novice interested in self-defense or a more experienced martial artist looking to raise your ranking, compete in mixed martial arts events, or supplement your current martial art with BJJ techniques, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Basics is the book to take when you’re taking it to the mat.